Become a leader in your chamber or play a key role on one of our committees. Committee service is fun and personally rewarding. You’ll meet new people, expand connections to fellow members and your community, and help shape events.
Chair: Matt Edgar, Edward Jones, 703-218-3900
• Oversee membership Retention Task Force whose mission is to retain existing members through personal contact to ensure membership satisfaction.
• Oversee mentoring program to contact members via phone, mail, and at Chamber networking events.
• Achieve an 82% retention rate of new members.
• Periodically attend Chamber Lead (TIPS) Group meetings to talk about Chamber activities and to encourage their involvement in other Chamber activities.
• Oversee Ambassadors New Member Welcome program, which welcomes all new members with a personal visit on a monthly basis.
• Ensure 8 step new member touch program is maintained.
• Conduct New Member orientation Roundtables quarterly.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS COMMITTEE
Chair: Dave Jensen, Doody Calls, 703-348-5292
• Implement and market approved projects
• Develop and implement a Member Business-to-Business marketing plan that encourages and rewards members for doing business with other members.
• Coordinate Member Benefits events.
• Oversee and Expand the Chamber's networking (TIP) groups. Develop methods to make these groups an integral part of the Chamber’s other activities.
• Establish a Business Advisory Panel that will assist members with problems they experience in marketing, developing sound business plans, and operation of their businesses.
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Chair: Charlene Perry, M&T Bank , 703-734-5440
• Create a core group of members who will solicit new members by means of member referrals and leads.
• Work in conjunction with the Chamber Staff to assist in developing leads and recruitment programs and incentives.
• Coordinate the annual “Sip and Sample” Prospective Member Mixer and other membership events.
• Organize and facilitate annual membership drive.
Chair: Tony Barnett, Leros Technologies Corporation, 703-691-8122 x261
• Develop and provide GovCon topics for monthly roundtables.
• Coordinate four quarterly GovCon events.
Chair: Peg McDermott, COGO Interactive, 703-898-7294
• Promote TRCC as the link between business and community.
• Support the Chamber’s overall Marketing Goal, inform members, and keep the Chamber in the public eye.
• Develop a Marketing Plan for the Chamber.
• Produce the Chamber’s newsletter, The Link.
• Oversee Chamber brand.
• Welcome new members on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
• Assesses the Chamber's technology needs.
• Make recommendations for technology updates.
• Ensure the Chambers operates at an efficient and current technoligical level with IT equipment, database and communications systems or appoint a committee member to this task.
• Coordinate relationship between nonprofit and business members of Chamber.
• Enhance nonprofit membership within Chamber.
• Schedule monthly meetings with nonprofit members of the Chamber and those interested in the nonprofits to include discussion topics of interest to nonprofits and facilitate partnerships.
• Responsible for one annual TRCC mixer.
PUBLIC POLICY/GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Chair: Jerry Ferguson, Fairfax Public Access 571-749-1103
• Inform Chamber President wehn planning to attend government meetings as a Chamber representative
• Recommend Chamber President's paricipation at government meetings where appropriate
• Organize a legislative Luncheon each year to allow Chamber members to meet and ask questions of elected officials and candidates running for local office.
• Provide a forum for business executives, industry professionals and government officials to exchange information and ideas on legislative issues.
• With Chamber Leadership, develop a Chamber Public Policy Statement representing TRCC positions on issues relevant to its members and the community.
• Keep the BOD and members updated on land use and transportation developments in Tysons Corner.
• Create a Tysons Enews Alert
• Help plan events promoting Tysons businesses
• Help to arrange the virtual Bus Tour event.
YOUTH AND EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Chair: Le-Ha Anderson, Dominion Virginia Power, 703-359-3042
• Serve as the contact for local schools.
• Serve as a resource and actively participate in mentoring and shadowing programs of area schools.
• Coordinate annual Ethics Day Program.
• Coordinate “Chamber Stars” Program.
• •Coordinate annual Youth and Education luncheon.
• Investigate other opportunities and programs that would better prepare Vienna area students in higher education as well as secondary schools for the workforce.
Vice President, Fundraising: Diana Carlin, Damon Galleries, Ltd., 703-938-7000
• Oversee financial responsibility for events- sponsorships, ticket sales, etc.
• Committee will include event chairs -
Taste of Tysons: Chair TBD
Casino Night & Taste of the Town: Chair Mark Rogoff
Annual Service Awards Dinner: ChairTBD
5K Corporate Challenge: Chair Becca Willcox and Sharon Brown
Chair: Treasurer, Kathy Jensen, CST Group, 703-391-2000
• Participate with staff in the preparation of the Chamber’s annual budget.
• Present annual budget for approval to the Board of Directors.
• Review and present monthly financial reports at Board meetings.
• Oversee fundraising events' money transactions.